Some links to some stuff that I think is pretty nifty. (a cunning internal shortcut box will go here, eventually; I just hate making tables in wiki)
Computer Games, and associated stuff
- Idle Thumbs
- A fine, frequently hilarious, gaming news and review site. The work is normally well-considered and eschews the popular (and largely irrelevant) numerical rating system; instead telling you what is good and bad about a game. The art the p+roduce for their articles is worth a look, in itself.
- The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages
- The place for indepth information about this series of CRPGS by Bethesda Softworks. Not flashy, but it has got the goods. Note the extremely useful TESIII: Morrowind map applications. It's shifting to a wiki format in order to move with the times.
- Hannah's Whereizit Morrowind Answers
- A useful way of finding hard to find stuff in TESIII: Morrowind. Hannah used to run the Gratuitous Guar Guild (GGG) - if that is not an endorsement, I do not know what is.
- Hired Goons Morrowind Gateway
- A neat repository of interesting mods (or 'plugins' to use the jargon) for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind CRPG. A cool setting and a cool game are made more-so by these nifty fan-created files.
Roleplaying Games, and associated stuff
- This is the official website for the new Gloranthan RPG. This setting was previously incarnated as ''RuneQuest'' and Hero Wars but is now called ''HeroQuest''; sadly most people link this name with an amusing, but basically lame, boardgame. This RPG, with mechanics by Robin D. Laws and a setting by inventor of Glorantha Greg Stafford, is great. This is my new favourite game, and my new favourite setting.
- Atlas Games' Ars Magica Index
- This is the official website for the new version of Ars Magica, the fifth one. And it's pretty damn good, despite the fact that they didn't skip an edition! If magical roleplaying in a mythic-historical version of Europe sounds appealing, check it out. It is probably one of the best systems for exploring the lives of 'traditional' wizards (books, staves, hubris, etc.).
- d20 System Information
- The place to get all of your d20 License stuff, including the useful and free Systems Reference Documents (SRDs) for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 and d20 Modern. Refamiliarise yourself with the newest version of the RPG world's Esperanto.
Web-Comics, and the like
- Penny Arcade
- A fine web-comic. Wang-tastic even.
- Another fine web-comic. Goat-tastic? Hrm. I think I used that one already... The home of Kittens => Pop-Tarts and other weird things.
TV, Film, and Other Similar Media
- Space Ghost: Coast to Coast Episode Guide
- Space Ghost: Coast to Coast aired on CN's Adult Swim programming slot and is one of the strangest, and most amusing, uses of old cartoon characters I have ever seen. This site has basically all of the transcripts from the show. Seek this show out, it is worth it.
People I Know, And/Or, Admire
- The Dollhouse
- The new incarnation of what was a self-confessed "exercise in narcissism" on the part of friend. If you enjoy reading about other people's antics in a blog-wise fashion.